Bio bits

Portland, OR, United States

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Back With A Sputtering Vengeance

While on a bit of a hiatus from the blog world, I've rediscovered the joys of audio books and the freedoms they offer me to learn and enjoy the written word while doing the activities that previously impeded my reading time. Driving to work? No problem. Pop in the CDs and enjoy the ride. Doing the dishes and dusting? Not to worry, Mamie. Give the swiffer a good workout while listening to Alan Alda's latest tome. Working out the bills and grocery lists? Ahhhh go on with your education, Darling. The pen flies across the page to the rhythm of David Sedaris' hilarious accounts of his travels and self-loathing.

So here we are again, you and me. I've missed you. What have you (re)discovered in our time apart? I'd love to hear.